How and when did you become a butcher?

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Butcher Girl (Courtesy Monsterkidd)












People keep on asking me, “How and when did you become a butcher?” Here is my reply!

From the womb
of colossal rocks
when fire spills
rocks know-not

When words embody
hatred
Then
Spreads
the stink of
hostility

Antipathy, pain, sensitivity
and the whole world of emotions
when play in the pool
of feelings
Then...
trishuls and swords
sway on
human beings cut and burnt... and...
the butcher is confirmed

When was the seed of hatred
conceived... or...
how long, how intense
was
the labor
To fathom
is but impossible

Countless acts of valor
are performed in this world
Count one still can
that shape identity of a great leader

Friends,
I am not what you think.
I am only an admirer of bravery. Ever finding joy
in devotion and worship of swords.

1 comment:

  1. Well said.
    I had no idea Modi wrote poetry! But then Hitler loved music too.

    ReplyDelete