Delhi Men, The Go-Getters

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

High-flying Delhi Men
What should we expect if an Arora, a Chopra, a Khanna, and a female Singh were thrown in together for a few hours? A scuffle.

Just because I had written about Rahul Mahajan and Raj Thackeray, many of my friends from Delhi complained that I was being prejudiced in favor of Bombay boys. That is so untrue. Delhi men fascinate me endlessly. Before proceeding, let me clarify that the term, Delhi men, is not synonymous with the men from Delhi. They can be from anywhere. The only criterion is that they should be go-getters.

I told my disgruntled friends I could fill pages writing about Delhi men, but I was looking for some fresh act of bravado, as I could not invent a story out of thin air. And then I had to eat my words because the story came out of very very thin air.

It happened at 30,000 ft where the outside air pressure was around 140 mmHg and cabin air pressure 560 mmHg, as compared to 760 mmHg at the ground level. The engines of the Airbus A-320, carrying 106 passengers and 7 crewmembers, were taking in air, burning it with fuel in the combustion chamber, and ejecting it at high speed flying the 75-ton aircraft from Sharjah towards Delhi.

Under those precarious conditions, while cruising over Pakistan, the pilot, the co-pilot, a flight purser, and an air-hostess put up a brave show of verbal attacks, molesting, pushing, shoving, punching, scratching faces, and what not. Arora, Chopra, Khanna, and Singh can be thus called true go-getters for getting at each other at such heights.

Have you ever encountered a true go-getter? Do email me or write about it in the comments section.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment