A Very Interesting Story

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

This happened several years ago. I was young, my friends were young. We were away from our homes, living in a hostel, and we thought all the good things in the world were waiting for us. One day, a close friend of mine and I were in the mood for an adventure. We made a plan. I don’t exactly remember the details, but it included a visit to a big city for some weird purpose.

From Left: The Monument, A Dog, Myself, and My Friend 
So great number of years have passed since then that I have completely forgotten which city it was, but I still remember the famous monument we had visited. Though I can not recall the monument's name, it is perfectly etched in my memory. I have tried to draw it for you on the left.

Walking around that monument, we met some interesting people. Now I don’t even remember their faces or names or what they talked about, but I am sure we found them interesting at that time. When we went to see the other main attraction in that city, something horrible happened. I still feel uneasy thinking about that event, but I really don’t remember even a tiny bit of detail.

I faintly remember that there was either a lake or a river in that city, and we had rented a…what do you call it…it is like a ship, but very small and you can travel across water on it. We paddled it away and couldn't find our way back for a long time. We were also mighty scared when some strange birds that could also swim surrounded us. Whoof!

Even on our return journey, we suffered some sort of setback, but I have no clue what it was. I have lost touch with the friend who was with me on that adventure trip. Her name started with either R or S or A. I hope she finds me on Facebook or recognizes herself in the above picture, and helps me fill up the gaps in this story.

Once I entertained a huge crowd with this story. When it ended, they were so excited that they started throwing those white oval things which we break to make some tasty things for breakfast, and also those red round things which are vegetable as well as fruits, and we make, yes, now I remember, finally my memory comes to my aid, yes, we make ketchup from them.

43 comments:

  1. You know Giribala, Itoo planned to visit a place but my exams came in way, then next year I planned to go to hills but I fell ill and yet another year when I planned I never got reservations... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sad! Otherwise you would have written an interesting story too! :)

      Delete
  2. From the picture, I know that it was in the evening. But, I don't know what tower it is. :)

    Hope that you remember everything soon. :) Nice read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks for the interpretation...I guess we were there until dark!

      Delete
  3. Round face ,straight hair , well that looks like me but my name starts with K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it could have been even K....I am absolutely not sure!

      Delete
  4. Its rather lots of gaps than a story here!!! :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow;;
    you forgot a number of things and detail but you succeeded in making that adventure a story;;
    nice;;

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post :) will ping us to remember our past times :)
    -DeepaK

    ReplyDelete
  7. A spoof on memoirs! Haha, very nice. I like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. REst assured , some day it will reappear in your dreams,then you can capture all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Memories :) AAh :)
    I like too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Read whole story in a hope that you might remember something... very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my god Giribala!! It's been ages!!! How nice to meet you!! I will just send you a friend request on facebook... omg omg!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss.....so much to catch up with you S! omg omg!!!

      Delete
  12. Interesting indeed. :D Name started with R or S or A? You encrypted her name with the RSA cryptosystem! Awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ajay! Hope this RSA cryptosystem is helpful! Wikipedia is blacked out today. I will look for it tomorrow :D

      Delete
  13. Ha! Remember we almost drowned in the lake and I saved you? You said you were eternally indebted to me, and that you would do all in your powers to promote my blog? (http://Nourishncherish.wordpress.com)

    Shameless S I know!

    Glad to have jogged your memory along Giribala ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giribala, I read this interesting story so many times but i couldn't understand.I tried a lot to fit myself in this story so that you can complete it. ha ha ha.

      Delete
    2. @Anju: You can fit yourself anywhere! Were you there with me when we went to Jaipur, Ujjain, or Agra in middle school??

      Delete
    3. @Saumya: Thanks for saving my life and reminding of my promise! I will certainly promote your blog! Please check my FB update tomorrow morning.:)
      PS:I couldn't find you on Facebook....

      Delete
    4. Oh...I actually don't have a separate page for my blog on facebook. Have been meaning to do it for a while now....

      Delete
  14. Only Giribala could have done a spoof on nostalgia and going by the comments, you have not one, but TWO friends who were with you, whose name starts with S. Are you sure you didn't 'forget' the other one? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zephyr!! The story is now getting curiouser and curiouser :

      Delete
  15. Sketching is your thing. You drew everything perfectly. I hope your long lost saheli recognize herself and send you a friend request in a jiffy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I am good at sketching! Someday, I will sketch your picture too :-|

      Delete
  16. i was suppose to write something here but i don't understand why this writing text box is provided below this page. i was suppose to appreciate someone for this piece of writing, i hope you can help me out in doing so...

    :P:P:P

    regards
    rahul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are at the right place! Thanks for the compliment :D

      Delete
  17. You need to fall from a great height to remember EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try this as soon as I find the monument I mentioned in the post. The middle tower looks high enough :-/

      Delete
  18. this story really made me crack up..have never read one like this before!
    P.S: I was reading this in a bus, smiling throughout & finally laughing at the last para earning myself very 'interesting' stares :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL

    I implore you, no, I beg of you, please - please find that friend of yours and get the details. If you cannot find your friend, do find that little living creature standing beside you two. I remember it has wonderful memory, but I don't remember what it is called. It's probably making some 'woof, woof' noise out in the street right now, but I hope it would help you sniff out the missing details in case your facebook friend doesn't tag herself in the pic above.

    Awesome post! :D


    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good suggestion! Will start looking for that creature. I think it was a dog.... thanks :D

      Delete
  20. Next time, please try to remember the details, after reading your so called interesting story, i cannot help b
    ut asked . . . Now what gives?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice! Next time, I will certainly carry a diary with me and note down all the details :D

      Delete