Kindly Accept My Wishes For The Year 2012

Friday, January 6, 2012

May you burn in hell fire! May you get struck by lightning, falling meteor, or satellite debris! May you spoil your relationship with your friends and family members with your greed and selfishness! May your heart always be filled with cynicism, hatred and jealousy! May laziness, pessimism, and fatalism take control of your life! Now relax, I have stopped wishing such things to anyone or everyone.

There was a time when I was not as mature, prudent, judicious, and sagacious as I am today, and I used to curse people with accidents, pestilences, earthquakes, fires, bankruptcies, etc. Most of the time, my prophecies came true. People said that I had a “black tongue.”

Though I had this power of bringing on disasters, I didn't have any control over the consequences. So when I wished my sister chickenpox, I also got infected catching it from her. When I wished earthquake to the neighbor living one floor above us, we were terrified to see our fans and chandeliers shaking violently. Similarly, wishing fire to the person living on the ground floor once caused much damage to my house as well. My bankrupt friends were another headache. They would keep pestering for loan and frequently drop by uninvited during meal times.

Reach For The Stars!!Thus to save myself from the overwhelming miseries of my friends and relatives, I have started wishing them only good luck and good health. Their good heath ensures that I am not infected. All my friends have now been bestowed with exemplary wisdom, and have stopped doling out foolish advice to me. Rich friends have been extremely generous. I have never been so happy.

Therefore even if your success and happiness give me a gnawing feeling and sleepless nights, I wish you all the best. May you own big vacation homes, boats/yachts, private jets, island resorts etc. etc. May your heart be filled with kindness, generosity, and charity towards friends like me! Have a wonderful 2012!

I hope the big international players like USA, Iran, Pakistan, China, India, etc. do not stumble upon my idea. If they started following this strategy, and allowed others to live peacefully and let each other prosper, the world would become such a boring place.

(Pictures: Hellfire from Google images and Happy 2012 from 123greetings.com)

36 comments:

  1. Giribala, well written! What goes comes back and specially the bad things so wishing good will surely turn the wheels of good luck faster:) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a backhanded way to wish the best for your friends (and foes):) The logic is irrefutable though. Wish you a wonderful new year and yeah, I hope to benefit from it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what is called " KAALI ZUBAAN"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Kali Zubaan" is exactly what people said I had :-)

      Delete
  4. The concept is rather intriguing, for every good wish to someone, you get a positive return. Unfortunately, things don't happen that way, when you say good, good happens to all but you, and the reaction is equal and boomeranging in case of the negative wishes :P

    Nevertheless, I wish you a very happy and satisfying new year.


    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good things will happen to you, don't worry. You need an elevated sense to notice that you are really fortunate!

      Delete
  5. hahahahahahahahahaha.........

    hihihihihihihihihihihihihihi.......

    huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu.......

    heyheyheyheyheyheyheyhey.....

    hohohohohohohohohohohoho......


    Masterpiece !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful way of saying wishes....
    Long time back we heard kar bhalla ho bhalla.
    Happy New year Giri once again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and thanks for the wishes!

      Delete
  7. What goes around comes around. Indeed. Happy New Year to you Giribala.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Giribala - one of the best humorous posts that I have read in a long time... happy new year to you too ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true! Lots of wisdom in your new year wishes. I too always wonder how anybody expects to live in peace and prosperity when those around them aren't doing the same...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I guess people are more interested in short term gains.

      Delete
  10. very nice..i like the logic.. happy and prosperous with a generous heart to u as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What goes around comes back...love the dove.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely !! Happy happy New Year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoyed your post and wish you the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to conduct an experiment and borrow your thoughtful wishes to convey new Year greetings to my friends.

    Will you be there with a handycam and record their priceless expressions?

    ReplyDelete
  15. O Yes ,we have all grown up and don't wish those awful things any more:)

    Best wishes for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year To You. Liked Your Humour

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome! Your inimitable style of wry humor. Loved it. Wish you a very happy 2012. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved it...:) Its funny and intriguing at the same time...

    ReplyDelete