Faking News Innovative Banner Award

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dear Readers, I am happy to announce that I won Faking News Innovative Banner Award. It was a fair and transparent contest. I did not ask anyone to vote for me, nor did I try to influence any of the judges after submitting my entry, because there weren't any.

I had eliminated all the possibilities of wrongdoing at the inception (not the movie, silly.) The Grist Mill had conducted this contest in keeping with the highest standards of the blogging community. No one knew about the contest because I didn’t tell anyone. Mine was the only entry in the competition and it won hands down.

The pictures that were used to make the banner.

The Winning Entry
Fake reactions from around the world:

Rahul Roushan: This is the most awesome banner I have ever seen. I couldn't have thought outside the box like that myself.
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala: East or West, Jiribala Goshi is the best!
Purba Ray: I love you more than your husband.
Barack Obama: I want GJ to design all my banners for 2012 election campaign.
S.M. Krishna: Giribala Joshi should be absorbed in Tri-Valley, I mean, Harvard University.
George Clooney: I read Faking News to keep my Indian fans happy. (Inki to sui hi atak gayi...)
Ashish: This is not fair. You left out reactions from so many important people.
Suputri: Mummy, bhook lagi hai….
Pati Parameshwar: Aaj khana milega ya nahin?

For more reactions please proceed to the comments section.

27 comments:

  1. Explain the tattoo to your fans, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Reaper who works for the Devil by retrieving souls that have escaped from Hell :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not fair. Sirf meri taang kyu kheenchi gayi(other than celebrities of course)? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. That banner is so fakingly fake that I so fakingly like it.

    :P
    That was a fake comment, or maybe not.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo you the man...err woman GB!
    Awesome banner and congratulations! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ashish: You are a celebrity too....
    @Anshul: A huge fake thanks to you!
    @Sammy: thanks :-)
    @Neeraj: :-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha, congrats!!!! Loved the reactions from suputri and pati. So typical!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fab with your hairdo and tattoo :D What wonderful imagination! You deserve the award handsdown or up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your hair G and you look hotter than Clooney and his khandaan!!

    And did you have to announce my undying love for you to the whole world?

    Btw what are we doing for Valentine's?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Pallavi: Thanks...:-)
    @Zephyr: So... I get your vote!
    @Chowla ji: I suppose, you mean more such luck of winning awards.Thanks.
    @Purba: he he ... We are so tired of loving and caring for each other the whole year, that we plan to take a break on Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha , did bring a smile on my face :) good one !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative, very funny. Jiribala Goshi is the fest and the bunniest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Banners feel real while Giribala is in them... It's only when we fake them that we realize something was actually strange!

    p.s. Not an inception, stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well deserved award...and the comment is not fake.

    How come u look both hot and cool at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I know how perfectly Indian PM faked today on TV. He read this page before that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Harsha K N: Thanks :-)
    @IHM: I like the fest and bunniest compliment!!
    @Restless: :-))
    @USP: Good observation!
    @Alka: Thanks! I sip cool drink sitting in a hot tub :-)
    @Harsh: Yes, PM is a great fan of The Grist Mill. Usually, he brings corn to grind as he likes makke di roti.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Giribala di' :)

    That makes for an awesome banner! No wonder Obama wants a similar job:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Does your daughter know you're morphing her pics? Sad behavior for a 58 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Abhishek: thanks!
    @rahul b: *sob sob* How did you find out? *sob sob*

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Giribala
    I counted the number of wrinkles on your forehead and multiplied by 2.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @rahul: You are a smart and intelligent boy, but you should not make old ladies sad by disclosing their age.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Indian women faking it, even with Clooney!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah. This explains the sudden interest in grizzly hairdos among the starlets...

    You have done India proud, Mme. Joshi! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Rindo! Rahul Roushan also congratulated me on Facebook :-)

    ReplyDelete