My Royal Connection

Saturday, April 30, 2011

So what if we shared a common ancestor? Bhad mein jaye common ancestor! 

Sorry Grandpa, of course you still remain my strongest link with the British Royal Drama Company, but you have been dead for such a long time that your descendants have stopped valuing relationships.

Even then, I wish my distant cousin, William, and the new recruit in the Drama Company, Catherine, a very happy married life.

Because there were no cameras back then, and you didn't leave any pictures, I will post a sketch of you for my friends, and they will definitely be able to notice the resemblance.

I am very sorry to disappoint my readers, but I couldn’t witness the wedding first hand. Just like others, I had to resort to the net to watch the videos and the pictures of the extravaganza. My readers were waiting to hear my account of the high profile pageantry, more so because I was related to the Royals and could have told my readers a lot of inside gossip. Even I wanted to be a part of it, and had been practicing the required dialogues and moves for the past many days as is evident by the picture on the left.

But a few days prior to the staging of the drama, I suffered serious setbacks. I went through severe personal crises. Tragedy after tragedy struck me out of the blue. First the living God, the Avatar, died prematurely last Sunday and then my Kalmadi Bhaiya was put in jail because of some planetary disturbances in the sky. I was mourning both these losses, so it was out of the question to indulge in any kind of frivolous activity. I even requested the Queen to postpone the tamasha or the pageantry, but she did not agree.

I am disappointed that they did not show respect to Kalmadi Bhaiya, who had done so much for the Commonwealth, nor to Sai Baba, who had always blessed everyone with so many things. What was the point of declaring William and Catherine "man and a wife in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" when the Royals didn’t pay tribute to the Three-In-One in an orange robe? At least, they should have waited until the advent of Ma Prema Sai.

The Queen totally disregarded my connection to her, through you, and went ahead with the marriage. I am sure you must be turning in your grave. I miss you dear great-great-great-grandpa!
He had such kind eyes! (Sketch by JenCorwin1

25 comments:

  1. Your connections are indeed royal and ancestral. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what relations has come to..Nobody invites anyone anymore..So sorry you could not attend the marraige...

    Btw ur grandpa just looks like mine..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Royals should have at least given tribute to three-in-one. This is just not done.

    Here comes the all time hit slow-gun;

    Angrezon Bharat Jodo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Callous indeed of the Queen to have disregarded your request to mourn such illustrious persona! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Prateek: Indeed :-)

    @JE: Really? And what a gem our grandpa was! Look at his kind eyes!

    @Shiv: Whole of the Bharat seems to be in love with the Angrejs!

    @zephyr: Queen acted like an arrogant, stubborn, old lady...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO at three-in-one in an orange robe. From ashes to dust, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After seeing y(our) grandpa's pic I realised that "We are family"!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am so sorry Giribala, the queen should have some Royalty left to honour her own people at least. But then, why were they shown the door from India if it was not for these reasons.

    My heartfelt condolences.

    Beautiful post.


    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROFL, about the three-in-one line! I had a great Sunday, you made it all the more fun with this post Giribala!! So sorry you were not part of the tamasha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha...unfortunate that they did not invite close relatives such as yourself. Hat looks much better than the nests on exhibit at WA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are related!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GB, cheer up! Don't feel too bad about missing the wedding. Next time you are in India, you could always catch a show of Jumbo Circus. You can even buy ice cream and candy floss over there! Take heart, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Purba thanks :-)
    @IHM: Yes we are!
    @Anto; True :-)
    @Anshul, @Deepa, @Alka, @Sanjay: I was a bit cheered up by your sympathies....but today I am again mourning the death of Osama bin Laden :-|

    ReplyDelete
  14. You forgot to mention that the night before the wedding William had called you up to ask what should he do to make his wedding extra sensational. Angry, as you were, you had suggested - kiss Catherine twice. Now, see, it's all over the news. And how audacious was it of William to not acknowledge you for that. Seriously, you should sue the Royal family, royally.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Sayak: Yes, I told him to kiss twice because I was sure that MNS and Shiv Sena folks would then go and throw stones at Buckingham Palace. Or at least protest in their underwear, but looks like they have worn bangles these days.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hehe.. 'our' common ancestors. royal and interesting.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am actually laughing hard here...XDD Your great-great-great-grandpa looks much more adorable than Queen Elizabeth btw. :P
    And you look awesome in the picture, cute hat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love great-great-great grandpa! Such kindness and wisdom evident from his eyes!
    Btw I didn't know 'Kate' was 'Catherine'. I wonder why the C changed to K.

    ReplyDelete
  19. First time here.. Loved your blog!
    A different vision to see things, with a tinge of humor!
    Will be back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vasudhaiva kutumbakam indeed. :P

    We need the insider account of the control room during Operation Geronimo too. Pliss to oblige.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Deepika!!

    @Sammy: adorable, yes :-)

    @Smrithi: Oh yes, these people have strange ways of shortening their names--Queen Elizabeth was called Lilibet, William becomes Bill, Robert becomes Bobby....so on and so forth.

    @Akanksha: Nice knowing you!

    @Cool Cat: Alas, Awesome Bin Laden is gone! Just now posted a prayer in his memory.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Deepika!!

    @Sammy: Thanks !! ha ha yes, Grandpa is adorable than the queen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am posting the comments that disappeared on 12 May due to Blogger meltdown.

    Smrithi said…
    I love great-great-great grandpa! Such kindness and wisdom evident from his eyes! Btw I didn't know 'Kate' was 'Catherine'. I wonder why the C changed to K.

    Akanksha said…
    First time here.. Loved your blog!
    A different vision to see things, with a tinge of humor!
    Will be back for more!

    coolkamikazecat said…
    Vasudhaiva kutumbakam indeed. :P
    We need the insider account of the control room during Operation Geronimo too. Pliss to oblige.

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Smrithi: Oh yes, these people have strange ways of shortening their names--Queen Elizabeth was called Lilibet, William becomes Bill, Robert becomes Bobby....so on and so forth.

    @Akanksha: Nice knowing you!

    @Cool Cat: Alas, Awesome Bin Laden is gone! I had posted a prayer in his memory. I am collecting data on what happened inside the control room that day. I can tell you one important detail right now-- Hillary Clinton was not frozen in fear but was actually suppressing cough due to Spring allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  25. whattay coincidence, even i am suppressing coughs at office...'acute allergic bronchitis' - the doc says. Seems I am in august company :D

    ReplyDelete