My Mommy Is The Best

Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Mommy is the Best!
East or West, my mommy is the best.
She cooks the yummiest food,
And always serves me first,
But gives me a thappad if I don’t finish it all.

East or West, my mommy is the best.
She makes me read and write,
And helps me with my homework,
But gives me a thappad if I ever get a B.

East or West, my mommy is the best.
She takes me to the dance class,
And tells me I'm a prodigy,
But gives me a thappad if I don’t dance for her weird friends.

East or West, my mommy is the best.
She shops at the Macy's,
And saves a lot on sales,
But gives me a thappad if I really want a toy.

East or West, my mommy is the best.
She gossips about Rupsi Aunty,
And tells Dad how mean she is,
But gives me a thappad if I call Rupsi Aunty a meany.

East or West, my mommy is the best.
She talks nonstop on phone,
And keeps checking Facebook,
But gives me a thappad if I wanna watch TV some more.

My dad loves my mommy.
He tells her she's the loveliest,
But when she's not around, he holds his head, and says,
"O God, what had I done to deserve her?"




(Picture courtesy istockphoto.com)

16 comments:

  1. Gosh, only you could come up with this :) Grrreat!! Ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. East or West, my mommy is the best.
    She stares at the mirror
    And moans her hair looks messed.
    She doesn't give me a thappad,
    When I say I love her even though she's the ugliest :)

    (Based on a real story)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) The usual GiriAunty style!!!

    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really enjoyed it . true feelings of a child about his mother :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now have to see you in court...you know who...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed reading it .....

    Anjuli

    ReplyDelete
  7. @IHM: Thanks! Yes, we lose our beauty and grooming time on our children, and they won't hesitate to call us unproductive and ugly….

    @Puja, @Arkjesh, @ Anjuli: Thanks a lot :-)

    @Anonymous: Let’s hold an out-of-court settlement conference….

    ReplyDelete
  8. East or west
    U blog the best
    sure save the thappad
    U need it for the dad :-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my that's a violent mom!! thappad pe thappad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Deepa: thanks! Food for thought... :-)
    @Sandhya: I gave her a line "East or West my mommy is the best" to write a poem, and look what she came up with! I never really give her thappads, only warnings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi. haha this is so sweet. I love getting thappad from mommy because after that I get lots of love and pampering:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved it ... how come this mom resemble me so much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cute! My children will replace the thappad with yelling :).

    ReplyDelete